Intensive Mathematics Program (IMP)
IMP is designed for CSUSB first-time freshman entering Fall 2014. If you did not perform to your full potential on the Entry Level Mathematics test (ELM), IMP gives you another chance to start CSUSB fully prepared for one of the General Education mathematics courses.
Students, who attend all 10 days of Session I and successfully pass the exam on Tuesday, August 12, 2014, will be given a Credit by Examination (CBE) for Math 80 and will be invited to continue on to Session II.
Students, who attend all 10 days of Session II and successfully pass the exam on Thursday, August 28, 2014, will be given a Credit by Examination (CBE) for Math 90 and will be eligible to register for a General Education mathematics course in the fall.
All students are required to attend both sessions. For a student to successfully pass IMP, regular attendance is required - no exceptions.
Monday - Thursday
- Class: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Lunch: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Tutoring: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM (MANDATORY)
There is no cost to incoming freshmen attending CSUSB in the Fall 2014. Fall 2014 must be their first quarter at CSUSB.
- July 17- Registration Deadline
- July 21 – 24 – Assessment Exam Administered (2 hrs)
- All students participating in IMP must take an assessment exam. The exam will be administered Monday – Thursday from 8:00 – 5:00 p.m. (Students can sign up for a scheduled time with Undergraduate Studies).
- July 28- First day of Session I
- August 12- Last day of Session I
- August 13- First day of Session II
- August 28- Last day of Session II
If you have any questions, please contact us at (909) 537-5032.
Your ELM Score must be between 30 and 49 to qualify for this program.
If you intend on participating in the Intensive Mathematics Program, then click the link to complete and submit the registration form.